Paul Quinn College welcomes transfer students with a process that makes the transition seamless for prospective Quinnites who began their college careers elsewhere.
Transfer applicants must submit the following:
- Completed online student information form here
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- Transcripts should reflect a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or higher
- Transcripts should be sealed by authorized individuals at the high schools and/or institutions and mailed directly to Paul Quinn College*
- A 500-word essay: “Which of the ‘Four L’s of Quinnite Leadership’ is my favorite and why” (or a two-minute video on the same topic)
- A recommendation (letter or form) from an advisor, counselor, instructor, or dean
- A recent presentable photo
- An interview with a PQC Enrollment Management representative
*Only post-secondary courses in which the prospective student earned grades of “C” or better will be considered for transfer evaluation/credit. Developmental or remedial courses are not considered coursework for degree completion. Candidates with fewer than 15 transferable semester hours of college-level work must qualify for admission on the basis of both their high school and college records/transcripts. Transfer students are also required to be in good academic and financial standing with their previously attended institutions (see more below).
Students who are requesting to transfer college level credits to Paul Quinn College must have their official transcript evaluated by academic advising. A preliminary review can be done when applying for admission to the College for the student to obtain an idea of how many credits may be accepted. The preliminary evaluation is done as a courtesy and is not considered official. After the transfer student has completed one full semester at the college, the approved transfer credits will be listed on the Paul Quinn College transcript. Only college level credits that will be applied to the PQC degree plan will be transferred in and listed on the PQC transcript. Paul Quinn College does not accept the letter grade assigned to a transfer course, only the earned credit. The earned letter grade must be a C (70%) or above to be considered for transfer.
Mail or hand-deliver your application packet to:
Paul Quinn College Office of Enrollment Management
3837 Simpson Stuart Road
Dallas, Texas 75241
Applicants who do not meet the College’s admission criteria are still reviewed by the admissions committee and may be conditionally accepted to the Paul Quinn College.