Monday – Thursday: 8AM – 8:30PM
Friday: 8AM – 5:30PM
Saturday – Sunday: Closed
Phone: (214) 379-5576
SERVING AS THE HEART OF CAMPUS
The Zale Library is a spacious 40,608 square foot multi-level facility completed in 1965, and named for its chief benefactor, Morris B. Zale and family. In the main reading room, visitors are graced with a 9 x 23 foot mural painted by artist Louis Freund in 1968. The mural depicts the progression and struggles of African Americans in their pursuit of education.
The library houses the THUNDER Lab, Faculty Development Center, Media Center, the Hiawatha Williams Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership, and three computer labs. The space is also home to several special collections including:
- Adams Archives of Paul Quinn College
- 10th Episcopal District of the African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Ethnic Cultural Center
- African American Educators Hall of Fame (part of the African American Education Archives and History Program
READ MORE ABOUT OUR COLLECTIONS
The Library is open to students, faculty and staff. Additionally, we welcome the following groups to utilize the Library:
- Community Member
- Students enrolled in summer programs
Fines & Fees
- Fines for print materials are calculated at ten cents ($.10) per item per day the library is opened.
- Fines for non-print and recalled items are calculated at $1.00 per day per item the library is open.
- Damaged items depending on the format are assessed by library staff and charged accordingly.
- Full replacement of an item will result in a fine of the cost of the item and a processing fee. (Borrowers will be charged the cost of the item plus a processing fee of $25.00, plus overdue fines. Out of print items will be charged a fee of $50.00, plus fines.)
- All borrowers must present valid ID at the circulation desk for privileges.
- Patrons may checkout five books from the open stacks with no more than three from a given subject area at one time.
- Non-print materials (audio and video tapes, CDs, CD-ROMs, DVDs) no more than three items at one time in any combination.
- Non-circulating materials include reserve materials, periodicals theses, archive holdings, reference materials, and special collection materials.
Interlibrary loans may be requested from collections held at other academic, public, and special libraries throughout the state, and can be borrowed through TexShare Interlibrary Loan. The service is limited to general books and photocopies of periodical articles. Requests will be filled within two to three weeks. Borrowers pay for the return postage on requested materials. Request forms are located at the circulation desk.
Zale Library Online Catalog http://voyager.pqc.edu/
Citation & Writing Style Guides
http://www.citationmachine.net/mla MLA Style
http://writing.wisc.edu/Handbook/DocChicago.html Turabian/Chicago Styles
http://www2.liu.edu/cwis/cwp/library/workshop/citation.htm LIU Writing Center
http://bioguide.congress.gov/biosearch/biosearch.asp US Congressional Bio’s
http://www.biography.com/ A Who’s Who of Bio’s
http://lanic.utexas.edu/las.html Latin American Network Information Center
http://www.un.org/ United Nations
http://contentdm.auctr.edu/cdm/ HBCU African American Digital Collections
News & Newspapers
RESOURCES by SUBJECTS
Business & Finance
http://www.ers.usda.gov/ Economic research
http://www.prars.com/ Online ordering for free annual reports
http://academicblogs.org/index.php?title=Main_Page Academic RSS
http://chronicle.com/section/Home/5 Chronical of Higher Education
https://www.number2.com/ Free test prep SAT, ACT, GRE
Government – Federal, State & Local
http://www.bls.gov/ooh/ Bureau Labor – Occupational outlook Handbook
http://govfresh.com/ Gov RSS
http://www.who.int/en/ World Health Organization
Law & Legal Studies
http://www.albany.edu/sourcebook/ Sourcebook criminal justice stats
http://www.txnd.uscourts.gov/index.html Texas Courts
http://www.nasonline.org/ National academy of science
https://nsdl.oercommons.org/ National Science Digital Library
https://www.soils.org/discover-soils Soil and farming
http://www.els.net/WileyCDA/ Life sciences
http://www.aamdallas.org/#! Af-Am Museum of Dallas
http://www.perotmuseum.org/ Perot Museum of Nature and Science
http://www.bushcenter.org/ President George W. Bush Center
http://www.dmoz.org/ Open Directory